Here’s a list of resources to help you setup your business and run a smooth operation.
Customer Scheduling and Invoicing
- Breezeworks – Save time, eliminate paperwork, and impress your customers with this incredible app. Use this to organize your business, send quotes to customers, manage customer payments, and even manage your schedule, plus a lot more. Highly recommended. Click the link above to get a free trial and try it out for yourself.
Must Have Tools
- DEWALT 20-Volt Max Li-Ion Compact Drill – This drill has lasted through 5 years of use and abuse and still works great.
- Werner Telescoping Multi-Ladder, 26-Foot – If you are looking for a ladder that will get you anywhere (awkawrd starewell, 2nd story roof line, the center of a high ceiling), this is it. The downside is that it’s pretty heavy.
- 9 Tools You Didn’t Know You Needed
- 7 Power Tools To Never Leave the Shop Without
- 10 Essential Pieces of Safety Equipment To Help You Live Longer
Business Cards/Truck Magnets
- 123 Print – Affordable business cards, magnetic business cards, and truck magnets.
Business Phone Line
- Google Voice – This allows me to have two numbers with only a single phone so I can separate business calls from personal calls.
Business Mailing Address
- AnyTime Mailbox – Using your personal address for your business is a bad idea. And, a P.O. box doesn’t look professional. Instead, rent a digital mailbox that gives your business a real address, for just a few bucks a month.
- How To Build A Handyman Business Website – Here’s a quick guide to getting your website up and running by yourself.
- Bluehost Web hosting and Domains. This is my go to place to build a website and it’s what I currently use to host this website and my handyman business website. Great service, reliable, and easy one-button WordPress installation.
- Elegant Themes – This is where I recommend getting a theme for your website (unless you plan on paying to have a custom site built. The themes are easy to install through WordPress, are SEO friendly, and there are tons of options to choose from. The easiest and cheapest way to get a professional website. I still get compliments on mine!